CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2010-09-01

Field Trip

The kids and I went out on the first of many field trips we signed up for with a local home schooling support group here in our town. Most of the trips I signed up for, I had no idea where it was or what it was for! We are just anxious to get out and explore the surrounding areas. Today's trip was at Cheekwood which is a historical home and TONS of botanical gardens. They also have some art on display throughout the gardens called Chihuly and it is beautiful blown glass sculptures. The home belonged to the Cheek family who was very wealthy - they "invented" Maxwell Coffee and sold the secret recipe during the Depression and made lots and lots of money! =) Cheekwood is the mansion they built with the money and it has since been donated to the city of Nashville. We all had a great time exploring and could have spent a lot more time there if it wasn't 90 degrees and I wasn't 8 months pregnant. When we arrived, we couldn't find our group anywhere so we hooked up with two other gals that had been left behind same as us and went out exploring. Jordyn made a new friend, she is in a few of the pictures. The crazy thing was that the two girls had apparently met before in the hallway outside my doctors appointment!! Turns out, her mom and I had both been in to see our doctor a couple weeks ago and had made the kids wait in the hallway during the exam!! The girls had met then and reconnected today - without us moms having any clue! We hope to meet up again next week at the park for a playdate. I love how God works! =)
Here are some pictures from today - I am just going to throw them all out with no explanation because to be honest, we had no clue what we were looking at most of the time! Just enjoying the beauty.

















4 comments:

Who am I... said...

Love moving to a new place and seeing how God brings people into your life...have fun!

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Amazing pictures!! I can't wait to get my camera there! Well, not there specifically- you know what I mean! I love love love the way God does things. He is the best! It doesn't matter how big a place is, he will bring the people he wants to together!
Looks like a great day, I am so glad you guys are out exploring!

T-Dawg said...

1. Beautiful!
2. Yay for new friends!
3. Why are you wearing pants if it is 90 degrees?

Ada said...

Looks like you moved from beautiful country to beautiful country. :)

That shirt is lovely.