When Tracy and I first traveled here to Tennessee to interview for the job, we had dinner one evening at one of the elder's home. His wife served us this yummy pie that I have not stopped thinking about since we ate it!! I tried to find the recipe online after we got back home and was unsuccessful. Now that we are back - she kindly shared the recipe with me!! And I made it tonight so it's on my mind again! =) I thought I would share it because it is so yummy and there is no way you can mess it up. You can also make it in about 5 minutes! I don't have a name for it, any suggestions?
1 can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz. whipped topping
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup chopped pecans (I only had 1/2 cup and it turned out well)
1 cup cherry pie filling
Mix above ingredients together and put in a graham cracker crust. Freeze for about 2-3 hours. Eat!! You could also freeze overnight but you would want to let it thaw out a little in the fridge or on the before serving.

The only downside is that my kids wont touch it with the nuts and cherry chunks. So looks like it will be sitting in the fridge tempting me for a few days!
6 comments:
Rooty-Tooty-Fresh-and-Fruity-Heaven-in-Melissa's-Mouth-Frozen-Pie.
You're welcome.
You are eating for two...so I think that means you can have extra =)
I vote for "The pie that brought us back"! Unless you like Taylor's suggestion, then I vote with that.
Didn't we have a lemonaide pie recipe that was similar to this? If so the kids would probably eat that one more readily. Then again, nothings wrong with having some things the kids don't eat!
It looks so easy and delish.
I shall try it and then help you name it. :)
This sounds alot like a pie grandma used to make - I looked in the Lundy cookbook and her's is called Cherry Cream Pie - you'll have to take a look!
Post a Comment