CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2010-11-14

Anyone need some gravy?

I've started "couponing" this past week and am so excited about it!! A friend here in Tennessee does it and says she started saving around $400 a month. It takes a few months to start seeing the savings as you build up your "stockpiles" but I scored some deals today - here's what I got!


Heinz gravy $.45 each
Cream of Mush soup $.43 each
Chicken broth $.40 each - when you use broth rather than water to make rice it is so so yummy! I learned that tip from Rachel Ray =)


Glade holiday candles $1.20 each


Cereal $1.00 each - major score!!


Crackers $1.50 each


cream cheese $.19 each - score!


roaster oven and turkey $21.56 for both - this was a good deal for me because I really wanted the roaster oven to cook the turkey in to keep the oven available for other things on Thanksgiving, it was normally $39.99.

I also got suave shampoos/conditioners for the kids at $.33 each, chili for $.30 a can, and shredded cheese $1.30 a bag.

The idea is to buy at least 4 Sunday papers each week and I am only just starting out - if I had 4 papers saved up for this shopping trip I could have gotten 3x what I did! I'm just a little excited about it - it's a rush to score the deals, a little like making a major find at a garage sale. My friend here promises to intervene if I spiral downhill and become a hoarder!!

5 comments:

Jessy S said...

Wow, looks like you scored! I make rice using chicken broth too and it definitely makes it better. I am quite envious of the turkey roaster, we buy whole chickens a lot and sometimes they are too big for my crockpot.

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Awesome job! I totally get the rush when saving money for your family! Are you cooking the meal this year?
So do they have double coupons there in the grocery stores? I wish they did that here.

The Wacky Whiteman Gang said...

If I call you will you teach me? This makes me very excited also!!! Great job!

Taylor said...

Look at you and your frugal self!

I want to learn.

Ada said...

I have wanted to try it...I'm nervous about starting.
Let us know how it works out. Is it worth it? You know...the scoop!

Great job thought. The cream cheese got me...yum!